Monday, July 29, 2013

Seeking Balance Part 3 -- Meal Planning




I was talking with some other teacher friends about struggling to make meals during the school year.  When I told them about my favorite kitchen appliance, the crock pot, they agreed but weren't sure what to cook.  When I shared my favorite series of cookbooks, they each pulled out notebooks and wrote them down.  I thought I would share them with all of you:


Fix-It and Forget-It is designed for the busy cook.  The recipes are contributed by a number of cooks.  I make sure I use the recipes that cook 8-10 hours without an addition half-way through.  Sometimes I use the recipes as inspiration for my own creations.
This one is my favorite in the series:

I don't like long complicated recipes.  Often several of the items are already in my pantry.  I can write the one or two remaining items on the shopping list for the week.

There are also some editions for special diets:

There is something about walking in the front door from work and knowing dinner is ready.

What is your meal-planning strategy?  I would love to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. I just got my first crockpot and I am already loving it. I will have to check out some of those cookbooks you mentioned. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like walking in the door after a long day knowing dinner is ready.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...