Monday, December 29, 2014

Quilt Square Project #2

 
A couple of weeks ago I shared a paper quilt square project I did with my students.  I want to give them some art projects that use the skills we are learning in measurement, fractions and geometry.
 
For this project I gave them more colors and sizes of right triangles.  The only rule that I gave them was they must use just right triangles.  They could combine them to create other shapes, but that was the basic shape to start with.
 
 
Here is our class display. (We keep adding to it.)

 

Have you visited Math Spies?  This post right here introduces Quilt Square Codes.  Students use the fraction of each color to solve a code word.

The full paid product has 32 task cards and is available at TPT and TN.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...