Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Room One: A Mystery or Two by Andrew Clements


Plattsford, Nebraska is a small town that is about to lose its school.  Ted Hammond is worried that with only five students next year, the town won't be able to afford a school and the town will disappear.

One day on his paper route, Ted sees a face in the window of a house that is supposed to be abandoned.  This is just the type of mystery, he is excited to solve.

I liked that the way that Ted solved the mystery was realistic for a boy his age.  I recommend this book to students who like realistic fiction or mysteries.

 

For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.


2 comments:

  1. I read this to my Gr4/5 class as a read aloud a couple years ago and they enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it aloud to my students yet. I'm glad your students enjoyed it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...