Friday, May 1, 2015

Explorer Report Questions

Update: February 2017
This year my teaching partner and I had the students display their information on cubes.  We used similar questions, but required the addition of a portrait and a map of the explorer's route.

Original post (May 2015)
This school year, I changed how I teach explorers and the culminating assignment for the unit.  I created notebooks and the forms shown below.  Students read articles and text books and answered the questions in their notebooks.

I taught them about Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and Wants and we used that to look at the reasons explorers travelled.  

Finally, I used my five paragraph essay forms -- available here -- to write about what they had learned.  The introduction and conclusion paragraphs were about how explorers generally met needs and wants.  The three detail paragraphs were about specific explorers.

This was a successful fourth grade research project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...