Monday, May 11, 2015

What Makes a Good Teacher -- Revisited


Three years ago I wrote a post full of hope about the teacher evaluation system in our district.  Now that we have more fully adopted the Charlotte Danielson Framework, I'm a little frustrated with all the busy work.

Just before the end of the year conversations we were all comparing notes about what artifacts to submit to our administrators.  As each person mentioned what they were submitting, others were concerned that they should submit that also.  How much is enough?

The weekend before my final meeting, I was taking a walk and realized that if I settled for "proficient" instead of striving for "distinguished", I would probably be in a better frame of mind for my students Monday morning.  Oh, the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...