Friday, May 22, 2015

Groceries: Volume and Weight



Last Friday, I shared a measurement activity freebie.  This week I am sharing the more complex task that I referred to in that post.

To download Groceries: Volume and Weight, click here.

 
What I wanted my students to do was begin to interact with food labels and recognize the units of measurement for weight and volume.   I would use the gradual release of responsibility model to teach this.  I would model on the doc cam and have them fill out this sheet with me.  I would next have partners use food packages in class.  This sheet could be used as a math measurement station or even homework for older students.

To collect all of my measurement freebies, click the "measurement" tag at the bottom of this post.

TBA

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to teach a skill in a functional way! Thanks for sharing
    Chris
    Autism Classroom News

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...