Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Favorite Read Aloud #3 -- Mrs. Piggle Wiggle

Although this book was originally published in 1947, I was happy to see that it is still in print.  My mom read this series to me.  I enjoy sharing the books with my students.
Children still identify with the problems in the book and the character names are hilarious.
Update June 2014: Here is a link to a free character sketch graphic organizer. Each of the children that Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle helps has a problem and a strength.  Students collect evidence for each character trait in words and actions.




This post is a part of my series Four Reasons Why I Read Aloud. 

You can find me at Goodreads.


1 comment:

  1. I have read this to my second grade students and now to my fourth grade students. Both ages love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...