Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chains: Seeds of America – Laurie Halse Anderson


I have to be honest in this review and say how much I wished that this had been a stand alone book instead of a series.  My second choice was having the main character in the first book be the same in the second.  I learned so much about slavery during the Revolutionary War.  I wanted to keep following the main character Isabel and her sister Ruth and find out what happened to them.  Instead, the author chose to follow another character's story line for the next book leaving the reader hanging.

Synopsis: Isabel and Ruth are promised freedom when their owner dies, but another couple take them as slaves.  Isabel works for Loyalists, but realizes that the Patriots may be her way to ultimate freedom.

I recommend this book to mature middle school students and above.



For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...