Thursday, May 30, 2013

Teaching Genre Series


When I moved from teaching primary to upper intermediate grades in 2001, I entered a class with a generous classroom library, but no reading or writing curriculum.  After reviewing the standards, I decided to organize my lessons across different genres.

The first lessons I created were book reports which eventually became the product 25 Book Reports.  Over time, I added non-fiction topics as well as fiction.

Over the last several years, I have completed nine writing units also organized by genre.  To see this list in my TPT store look for the Writing Genre series.

If I were suddenly dropped into another classroom without curriculum I could teach reading and writing for a couple of years without repeating units.

From now until Sunday evening, you can buy the whole series for $20.  Look for the four featured items in my TPT store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...