Sunday, May 12, 2013

My First Teacher -- My Mom


I was blessed to be raised by a kindergarten teacher who stayed home with my brother and I until we were in school.  I watched her go back to school to get her certification in Washington.  (She originally worked in Oregon.)  She was a substitute teacher for a while and then taught first and second grade for many years.

She has been retired for several years and now I am blessed to have her volunteer in my classroom one afternoon a week.  She reads with students and coaches them to be better.  If they start messing around, she sends them back to me with the words, "I'm sorry I'm wasting your time."  That usually stops the misbehavior.  No one messes with Mrs. Miller.

I just wanted to say a public thank you to my mom and first teacher.

Happy Mothers Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...