Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You Can't Read That...It's Dangerous!

 
This post isn't strictly a book review, but more of a ritual that I share with my students.  It began a few years ago when the Dangerous Book for Boys first arrived in book stores.  I bought a copy and put it on my shelf.  When someone asked about it, I would tell them they couldn't read it, because it was dangerous.  That made reading it more desirable.
 
When they begged to read it, I would finally give in but not before making them say the pledge:
 
"I solemnly promise not to do anything in this book without my parents' permission." (They would giggle.)
 
The Daring Book for Girls was given to me by a student that first year.  It joined the Boy's Book on the shelf and the ritual.
 
Learning should be fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...