Friday, January 3, 2014

Artifact Analysis Form


 


I took this picture a couple of summers ago at the British Museum in London.  While we were there I observed school groups having their end of term trips.  I have to say I was a little jealous of the opportunities these schools have with all of the amazing museums to visit.

A little closer to home, my teammate has rented two trunks from the Museum of History and Industry (in Seattle) to share this year.  My students have had the chance to observe and handle artifacts from local Native American tribes and explorers without leaving our classroom.

I looked for some Artifact Analysis forms that my students could use to make detailed observations and inferences.  I combined some of the questions I found and made the boxes large enough for fourth grade handwriting.



Here is a Google Doc version of my Artifact Analysis form.  This could be used for trunks that you borrow or to study at an actual museum.
Freebie Fridays

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...