Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke


I have to confess that Zita the Spacegirl was not my favorite, but my classroom copy has been passed around my students so much, that its worth mentioning.  Zita's friend is taken to another planet and so begins her journey through an alien universe.  My students love it.

It's a graphic novel and I allow some of this genre for independent reading.  I don't allow it to become a steady diet.  I talk about different types of books like different foods.  Just like your body needs a mix of foods to be healthy, your mind needs a mix of ideas and formats to grow.  I want them to have a balanced diet physically and mentally.

Here is a blank story board form where students can create their own graphic novels.


For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...