Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Boston Jane by Jennifer L. Holm

I've read several historical fiction books by Jennifer L. Holm.  I love her strong heroines.  Miss Jane Peck doesn't quite fit into Philadelphia society, so when she receives a proposal from William Baldt, she accepts and moves to 1855 Pacific Northwest to wait for him.  Washington before statehood is a wild place and Jane learns just how strong she can be while she waits for the wedding.



I recommend the May Amelia series for the upper elementary group.  Boston Jane would be better suited for early middle school.

Here is a graphic organizer for students to compare daily tasks in the past with the present day equivalent.  There is a third category where students make predictions for the future.

For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...